Monday, November 19, 2007

We worry

We worry. We know it’s a waste of time. Yet a lot of us find ourselves in this dilemma—we know we should trust God, but we wonder just what He’s going to do.

The above lines hit me hard when I read the devotional passage from Our Daily Bread!

I've been going through some anxious times running around for my wedding preparations, balancing my commitments to places where I've volunteered, my job, the need to rent out a house to start my family and so many other unexpected tasks. I've started praying more than I usually do (which isn't much in the first place). But still I seem ill-equipped to face all the challenges. Frequently, I'm getting anxiety attacks and get down to dangerously low levels of faith.

And yes, I realized that worrying is a waste of time. But I just couldn't help myself.

Through the devotional passage, the truth has struck me that I need to run to His Word, cast all my cares upon Him, for He cares for me.

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you - 1 Peter 5:7

I'm going to do that from now on to overcome my anxiety attacks.

No comments: