Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Courage and Time Management

It's been a while since there was a new post in this blog. In the meantime, I got married! Was also involved in a whole lot of activities at Church and in our local prayer group. 2008 has been an exciting time so far. And unbelievably, almost 2 months are already gone! Time is flying away so fast ...

So what's Courage got to do with managing our time? Read on ...

I was reading this particular devotional from ODB about "Courage: Live it" by Dave Branon. He says:

Perhaps you need someone to tell you: Volunteer for that job at church—they need you. Have lunch with your co-worker to discuss matters of faith. Or join that small group.

Be courageous for Jesus. Sometimes it takes just that first step of courage to serve our majestic God.

Just last Sunday, when we had a discussion in a small prayer group, we all agreed on one thing. All of us lead busy lives. But when we make time for God and the things of the kingdom of God, inspite of pressures from our job, our personal work, our family, etc. , God does something marvelous. He works for us in parallel, even as we're working for Him. He fulfills our most pressing needs. Isn't God so amazingly loving?

Just a few years back, I used to give one excuse for not going to Church, for not taking time to do something for God. And that excuse was: my job. I said I had to be in office 7 days a week, and often spent a few continuous days living in office! I was so self-righteous about doing my job. After all, my job was a God-given responsibility! This slowly hit my prayer life, sin creeped in and finally I was far, far away from God.

When I started making time for God in my life, He started working for me in my job. He made me realize that when I seek His kingdom first, everything else I need is automatically added to my life. He changed my life.

That's why when I read what Dave Branon wrote, I felt compelled to write about it. It needs courage to steal time for God from our busy schedule, but it's well worth the effort. As you start doing this, You'll rediscover what an amazingly loving God He is :)

No comments: