Thursday, April 24, 2008

You took the fall and You thought of me

A long time before I was born ... in a far away place unknown to me .... there was someone who went through excruciating torture and inhuman treatment .... he was spit upon ... despised ... mocked .... and all for no crime of His. He could've very easily silenced all His accusers through His unparalleled wisdom. But He didn't. At a snap of His fingers He could have struck down all his enemies. But He didn't.

He humbled Himself to the point of death. Just so that I can escape eternal punishment, He allowed Himself to be tortured to death. And through it all, He thought of me .... What? WHY? Who am I that You're mindful of me? What did I do to deserve Your gift of life?

And He said ....
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" - John 15:13

He called me friend! He's still alive ... His name is: Jesus.



Compared to all the best that this world has to offer - power, riches, fame, ... - Jesus is above all. There's nothing greater than knowing this Jesus as my best friend. And He wants to be your best friend too!

P.S.: Paul Baloche and Lenny LeBlanc, wrote this beautiful song: Above all powers. They have written, how they came to write the lyrics for this song.

No comments: